To see Aurora Borealis, Teriberka & Arctic Ocean in Russia: Northern Lights hunting at the World’s End – breathtaking tour to Murmansk for 4 days
Do you believe in miracles? As for me, I do! And sometimes it seems that I live in a fairytale. Do you want me to show you these miracles? Then welcome to see Northern Lights during our tour “To see Aurora Borealis” in Russia – Polar Lights hunting in Murmansk & Teriberka, at the very end of Russia and the shore of Arctic Ocean. It doesn’t make sense to tell you how this miracle happens from science point of view, and I don’t have enough words to describe emotions and feelings you will get when you see it with your own eyes. I just promise you that this day will be the one you will never forget in your life. Words cost nothing, memories are priceless…
Northern Lights is the thing you need to see at least once in your life! But keep in mind that Murmansk is a Northern city and Murmansk winters are quite cold! So don’t forget to check List of equipment to visit Murmansk in winter before you go 😉
Day 1. Murmansk is a heroic city of WWII and biggest in the world city in the Arctic Circle
- We meet you at the airport, railway station or near your hotel and go to explore the city.
- The proud of Murmansk is Northern Marine Fleet which played a great role during WWII battles for Arctic. We will visit Northern Fleet museum and learn its history from beginning till our days.
- Exploring Murmansk is not complete without learning its Arctic history. “Lenin” was the first in the world Nuclear Powered Ice-Breaker with no analogs. This miracle of Soviet engineering became a breakthrough in the field of Artic exploring.
- Murmansk still remembers pain and sorrow after the Arctic battles during WWII. We will visit Alyosha – a very symbolic monument to Soviet defenders of Arctic in World War II and admire panoramic view of Murmansk and Kola Bay.
- If we have time, we will visit 2 absolutely different orthodox churches: Saviour On Waters, traditional church that is dedicated to all sailors and Kola Feodorit – very unusual church built from wood in old Russian architectural traditions!
- After that we will have a dinner at nice restaurant of Northern cuisine and leave the city for Polar Lights hunting.
Day 2. Day in Teriberka to admire northern nature and views of Barens Sea & Artctic Ocean
- In the morning we are going to Teriberka village. Teriberka is a small village on the shore of Barents Sea and Arctic Ocean! Teriberka became very famous place after the movie “Leviathan”. It looks very abandoned, but too atmospheric, and I’m sure you will not see anything like this in your hometown. We will see old ships on the shore and, if possible, beautiful waterfall and fortifications from World War II time.
- After the dinner we are going to tundra to watch Northern Lights! Just imagine yourself at the center of endless tundra with no villages or even trees and bushes around. Just you, endless sky with billions of stars and beautiful fires of Aurora Borealis!
- NOTIFICATION! The road to Teriberka can be closed due to bad weather conditions. In this case we stay in Murmansk or go to Kirovsk and spend next day with different winter activities like visiting of ski-resort, snowmobiling, flying helicopter, visiting Snow village or horseback riding for your choice. Please, notice that all these extra activities will be for extra cost.
Day 3. Tour to Lovozero to meet with Huskies, Reindeers and learn about Saami culture
This will be one of the most interesting and exciting days of your trip! We start from Murmansk in the morning and have a journey of 160 km from the city to meet with huskies and reindeers. This place is located deep in the forest, so during the trip we will admire breathtaking views of the nordic forest, trees covered with snow, you will get to real winter wonderland 🙂 On arrival we will have a lecture about Saami people – the indiginous tribe that lived in Murmansk region ages ago up to now. Traditionally they’ve been hunters, fishermen and reindeer herders. Religion of Saami people is paganism with strong shamans who prayed to natural things (rivers, lakes, forests and stones). We will learn about their culture, traditions and lifestyle, feed reindeers and will have an exciting ride with reindeer sleigh 🙂
Delicious lunch of Russian and Nordic food (included in the tour price).
After learning about Saami culture and riding reindeers, we will have one of the most happy moments of the tour because you will meet huskies – the most friendly and cutest dogs in the world! We will play with them, learn about the breed, and you will have an exciting ride with dog sleidge 🙂
- In the evening we will have a cozy farewell dinner and chatting till the late night! I’m sure that after this adventure we will have a lot to say and to remember in peaceful atmosphere 🙂 And tomorrow we are leaving back home…
Day 4. Farewell hugs!
- Today you are leaving back home. However, the small part of Russian North and memories about miracle of Polar Lights will stay in your hearts forever after this adventure. Just be prepared for long goodbyes, laughing, tears and promices that all of us will meet each other again in Russia, in your country or somewhere else at the other side of the world!
- Russia is huge, wonderful and interesting country which will take your heart forever! So please, check other Tours to Russia with Value Of The Moment if you want to come here again.
Dates of scheduled tours:
You can join to other groups or choose any free date from August 20'th till April 20'th by request
Prices for this tour for individual groups:
[:en]Number of participants[:ru]Количество участников[:]
[:en]Regular price per person[:ru]Стандартная цена за 1 участника[:]
[:en]2 persons[:ru]2 человека[:]
[:en]33000 Rubles[:ru]33000 руб[:]
[:en]3-4 persons[:ru]3-4 человека[:]
[:en]30000 Rubles[:ru]30000 руб[:]
[:en]5-6 persons[:ru]5-6 человека[:]
[:en]27000 Rubles[:ru]27000 руб[:]
[:en]7-8 persons[:ru]7-8 человека[:]
[:en]26000 Rubles[:ru]26000 руб[:]
[:en]9-12 persons[:ru]9-12 человек[:]
[:en]24000 Rubles[:ru]24000 руб[:]
[:en]13-19 persons[:ru]13-19 человек[:]
[:en]22000 Rubles[:ru]22000 руб[:]
[:en]20-30 persons[:ru]20-30 человек[:]
[:en]21000 Rubles[:ru]21000 руб[:]
[:en]31 and more persons[:ru]31 и более человек[:]
[:en]19000 Rubles[:ru]19000 руб[:]
[:en]*During New Year holidays (Dec. 25'th - Jan. 13'th) prices can be different, please check in advance![:ru]*На новогодние праздники (25.12 - 13.01) цены могут отличаться, пожалуйста, уточняйте заранее![:]
- Duration: 4 days / 3 nights
- Where: Murmansk oblast
- Start: Murmansk
- Finish: Murmansk
- Native cultures: Sami
- Fitness level: Simple
- Transport: comfortable car or van
- Minimum age: From 6 to 17 y.o. – only accompanied by adults. From 18 y.o. – independently
- Language: English / Russian. If your group needs translation to another language – please, mention about it when booking.
- Active entertainments & excursions: Nuclear-powered icebreaker “Lenin”, Northern Navy Museum, Visit to reindeer herders Sami, visiting Teriberka and Arctic Ocean shore, excursion in the kennel of sledding dogs, dog sledding, Northern Lights hunting. Optional: Banya (traditional Russian sauna), snowboarding / skiing, snowmobiling, horseback riding, helicopter flight.
- Always with you: Dmitry and Ilaria
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Group airport / railway station transfers
- Transport on tour
- Entry fees to attractions, sightseeings & entertainments
- Photos of your adventures in Russia
- Dog sledding
- Walking around Teriberka
- 2 nights of Northern Lights hunting are included. If we don't see Northern Lights (or will see it very week) during first 2 nights, third night of Aurora hunting is for free.
- All necessary consultations and 24-hours support during the trip
- English / Russian speaking guides. If your group needs translation to another language – please, mention it when booking.
- Always with you – Dmitry and Ilaria
- Airfare: Your city – Murmansk – Your city
- Accomodation in Murmansk
- Interpreter to another language (if not Russian/English). If your group needs for translation in your language, please, mention about it when booking
- Travel medical insurance (if necessary)
- Visa fees
- Food and alcohol (approximately 20$ per day, 30$ with alcohol)
- Souvenirs, tips and other personal expenses
- Additional experiences and activities that are not included in program (traditional Russian banya, snowmobile tours, skiing/snowboarding, horseback riding, helicopter flight)
- Individual transfers during free time
- In cases when road to Teriberka is closed due to weather conditions, we offer to spend the day with visiting a Snow Village, snowmobiling and skiing / snowboarding in Murmansk or Kirovsk for additional price.
- To book a place in the group, you need: 1) To fill the Booking form for us to contact you. 2) After that, to pay a deposit to book the tour. Please, check our cancelation and refund policy and payment methods here - Guarantee, documents and payment methods. The rest of tour cost you can pay by cash on arrival.
- Depending upon weather conditions and unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to make changes in our program, keeping the itinerary action-packed and interesting.
- There are many factors that influence if you will see Northern lights or not like clouds, snowfalls, temperature, solar activity and others. That is why we can't give you 100% guarantee that you will see Northern Lights during these 3 days, but we will do our best for you to be in right time in right place to see Aurora!
Citizens of these countries have visa-free entrance to Russia for 90 days (or number of days that is in brackets):
Abkhazia, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus (no limits), Bosnia and Herzegovina (30 days), Brazil, Chile, China (only for travelling as a part of official tour group and only for 14 days), Colombia, Cuba (30 days), Ecuador, Fiji, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Hong Kong (14 days), Israel, Kazakhstan (no limits), Kyrgyzstan (no limits), Macau (30 days), Macedonia (30 days only with invitation voucher that we can do for you), Mauritius (60 days), Moldova (no limits), Mongolia (30 days), Montenegro (30 days), Nauru (14 days), Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Serbia (30 days), Seychelles (30 days), South Korea (60 days), South Ossetia (no limits), Tajikistan (no limits), Thailand (30 days), Ukraine, Uruguay, Uzbekistan (no limits), Venezuela.If you don't have citizenship of any countries above - check our full article How to get Russian visa. If you have diplomatic or other special passport in addition to regular one, you have different visa requirements and periods. Please, contact us via Contact Form to check visa requirements for your case.
Still have questions or doubts? Use our CONTACT FORM!
THIS IS INTERESTING
Follow us in social media for more info!
Want to get regular inspiring newsletters with our new articles, dates of tours, interesting books and movies about travelling, announcements about our contests with gifts and other useful information for travellers?