What to see and visit in Moldova:
– To take a walk around green Chisinau
– To play a game of giant chess near the arch
– To go to Old Orhei and visit the Orthodox Church in the rock, get onto the terrace and admire the views
– To take a tour with tasting in one of the famous Moldovan wineries: Cricova, Chateu Vartely, Milestii Mici and Purkari
– To visit Soroca – the unofficial capital of the Gypsies in the world. Here you can find a copy of Moscow’s Bolshoi Theatre, the Capitol in Washington and much more
– To go to a small village and taste homemade wine
– To visit the vineyard where you can pick grapes and crush it down with your feet like they did it before
What to eat in Moldova:
– National pie Placinta with different fillings
– Traditional soup Zama with chicken, herbs, eggs and sour cream
– A traditional corn porridge Placinta (Hominy)
– Moldavian sarlale the cabbage rolls with grape leaves
– To taste numerous of Moldovan wines and choose your favorite
What to buy in Moldova:
– The best present for friends from Moldova is a wine. Usually people buy these wines: «Negru De Purcari», «Rara Neagra», «Riesling», «Muscat», «Pinot», pink and white port wines and dessert vermouth, the famous “Bouquet of Moldavia”. Or popular “alcoholic” souvenir from Moldova – a set of 30 small bottles with different sorts of local drinks.
– Traditional cotton and linen products with national ornament: dolls, national clothes – skirts, shirts, shawls.
– The products of local potters — a bit “clumsy” pitchers, bowls, glasses covered with colored glazes or in natural color.
– Products made of grapevine: baskets, mats, furniture.